The proper steps for concrete porch and step replacement
Concrete repair | Toronto, ON | Murphy’s Masonry
We would like to show you a write up of what an estimate should look like for a simple concrete step and porch replacement. If you are hiring a mason to do this work, ensure ALL of the steps whon below are included in the scope of work.
Concrete porch reubuild:
- Remove railings
- Break down existing porch
- Remove rubble from site
- Dig down 4 ft to allow for step footings (not always 4 ft)
- Build new steps and footings
- Build lumber forms for the porch slab and steps
- Pour concrete steps and slab
- Install rebar
- Remove lumber forms the next day
- Reinstall railings
I hope this gives a little bit of clarity to homeowners out there. Always hire a professional mason to do any kind of concrete or brick work, a handyman simply will not cut it. There are many factors that come in to play with a concrete job. Get it right the first time!