Sometimes through weather, age and/or other conditions, the foundation of a ipllar can fail. This requires tearing the pillar down and rebuilding it. The exact scope of work should go something like this:
– Jack up the porch roof
– Tear down the failing pillar
– Dig down 4 ft to remove damaged footing
– Remove old footing and pour new
– Build up new pillar matching bricks and mortar as close as possible to the original
– Install existing cap (or new depending on what is needed.
A job like this should take 2 days (depending on the size).